Friday, December 7, 2012

Blue!

I think I’ve said before on this blog that I really appreciate the pastors’ conference that we’re a part of.  It’s a fantastic group of people who really support the ministry of one another.  We had our monthly meeting at the Lutheran Social Services office in Rapid City recently.  We began our meeting with a devotional.  This particular devotional required us to pick a piece of colored paper out of an icecream bucket.  Each color represented a category of things and we were to pray a prayer of thanks for what was listed on our piece of paper. 

I reached in and quickly pulled out a small piece of blue paper.  I learned that blue was the color relationships and my paper said “Children.”  It seemed perfect to be thanking God for so much, especially since my assignment was children.  Our group prayer was to be solely “thanking” and not “asking.”  Try praying to God without asking for anything—it’s hard! 

I continue to pray a prayer of thanksgiving for the children we encounter every day.  I pray that they have Sanctuary, more than just an hour a day when they come to us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment